Sunday, June 28, 2009

Twinkle Twimkle Little Star..

Before you start guessing, let me tell you, this isn't a blog about me reminiscing my childhood, nor is this about some kindergarten rhyme dear to my heart.
I am just trying to give words to the emotions that I and a couple of my friends at work have been feeling. To give you the context, we, at the Indian Citizens Forum (ICF) are a group of 30 odd youngsters who take some time off from work and visit small govt. run primary school, offering the help of any kind which in most cases is not just money. But, this blog isn't about the creaking public school education system either ( rather, calling it 'creaking' is more of a misnomer, govt. schooling system is in absolute shambles).I am digressing from my topic. Before I start sharing what I felt, I would just ask you a simple question.. How do you feel when a small kid looks at you and smile..? he/she doesn't say a word, just looks at you and smile with a twinkle in the eyes..?

How would you feel, if the reason for the kid to smile is YOU..!!

What is it about the kids that brings a smile to our faces ( well, most of our faces)..?The thing about kids, is that they are not like us.. like you and me.. I believe, they are the closest to the pure side of human being, uncorrupted, unedited. Now, I am not saying they are perfect, or they are very good and obedient and can not be bribed etc etc.. all I mean is that, if they want or like ( or they don't want or like) something they will just say it, they won't weigh the odds, analyse the repercussions or be conscious about he fact that if they are 'acting nice' or not.
During my visits to this small school ( which to be honest have been fewer than I wanted them to be), I have had this great feeling inside me, I won't call it just happiness but I feel it is closer to satisfaction. You know the same feeling I was speaking earlier, contributing towards making someone smile..!!
Hey, please don't get me wrong, I am not eulogizing or advertising about the our work or our group. I just wanted to share this emotion, hoping that there will be someone amongst you, who will be picturising about what I am talking about, and in some special way he/she will work to do something, not for the sake of the children or society or country.. but for oneself... for that sense of satisfaction we drive out of doing something for someone not part our flesh or blood..!!

( BTW: I was nick named 'photo wale bhaiya' for the pics that I clicked, I would have taken offence if it was coming from some one else, but the smile on the faces of the kidos was just overwhelming)




4 comments:

Himani Thukral said...

Quite Touching, shows a different side of you..!!

Deepak Chopra said...

what's the other side wese..?

chal koi na...
it was good..i like it.. j'aime

Deepak Chopra said...

vese maine bhi socha hai ke main shadi pe paise nahi lagau ga or ek school kholu ga jis main ye treffic signal wale bacho ko padaye ge... pakad pakad ke sab ko pada dalna hai...
jai HIND..!!!

chandani said...

i knw da emotion...its simply overpowering...
bt u knw wat...nebdy smiling is, ithink ovrpowering...n i mean da real one,da genuine one...dat of happinees nt dat of u knw things adults(we adults,may i say)get happy abt...
n as fr da children here...da condition of children on da roads,more often dey just force tears out of our eyes...
keep up da good wrk...